Partnering Up- 10 Do’s and Don’ts
One of the biggest favors that you can do for yourself as you navigate your fitness journey is finding the right partner (work out partner, that is). That idea may be uncomfortable for some, it was certainly a foreign idea to me. However, now that I have a consistent workout partner, I’ve noticed many positive developments along the way. Here are our 10 Do’s and Don’ts for partnering up at the gym:
- Do hold each other accountable and remind each other of your individual goals
- Do engage in a little a friendly competition
- Do encourage each other, especially during the tougher sets
- Do keep each other safe
- Do be consistent and set a schedule for each other
- Don’t show off, push yourself but not at the expense of your partner
- Don’t criticize yourself or your partner, always promote correct form and safety, but don’t be a jerk
- Don’t forget that everyone’s results are different, we may do the identical workouts but have different outcomes, and that’s okay.
- Don’t forget where and why you started, this is a step by step journey, not teleportation
- Don’t forget to make it fun, enjoy each other’s company and smile.